- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 80
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: Net Carbs: 1g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 lb Italian sausage or pork sausage
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut flour or 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon breakfast seasoning blend (1/2 tsp each sage, thyme, parsley, nutmeg)
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- Parsley garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large pan, brown the sausage on medium heat. Let cool.
- Add all dry ingredients in mixing bowl, mix well, and set aside.
- Add the eggs to a large bowl or stand mixer. Beat the eggs on high for 1 minute until light and fluffy. Drizzle in melted butter. Turn mixer to low, and slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in cooked ground meat and cheddar cheese. Mix well until evenly distributed.
- Divide sausage balls and place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
Note: cornbread and image display only and are not included in the recipe.